We respect your privacy and will take all reasonable and diligent steps to keep information we hold about you secure and ensure that it is not misused, but we cannot guarantee on-line security. We make every effort to comply with our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998.
Cookies are (unfortunately) not like biscuits. Instead, they are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your computer or mobile phone when you visit a website (like this one). These 'cookies' are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow our website to recognise your computer or mobile phone and to show you the content that is most relevant to you.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests. The cookies used on this website have been categorised based on the categories found in the ICC UK Cookie guide. A list of all the cookies used on this website by category is set out below:
Category 1: strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided. MyCommunitySpace uses these to keep you logged into your account and ensure that you can manage buildings or saved preferences.
Category 2: performance cookies
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works. MyCommunitySpace collects overall data on the number of visits to our resources and information to make sure that we are offering enough resources in the area you need them most.
Category 3: functionality cookies
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, a website may be able to provide you with local weather reports or traffic news by storing in a cookie the region in which you are currently located. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. MyCommunitySpace uses this type of cookie to allow the website to remember your username and password if you choose, and to make sure the site is displayed in the way you prefer.
Category 4: targeting cookies or advertising cookies
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. However, MyCommunitySpace doesn't use this type of cookie as we don't use paid-for advertising on our website.
How do I manage my cookies?
You can manage and/or delete cookies as you wish. If you do disable our cookies you may find that certain sections of our website do not work. For example, you may have difficulties logging in or downloading resources. However, if you do want to change they way that cookies work on your computer, try the following:
• Click on 'Tools' at the browser menu and select ‘Options’
• Select the Privacy panel
• To enable cookies: Check ‘Accept cookies for sites’
• To disable cookies: Uncheck at ‘Accept cookies for sites’
Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Firefox. For more information, click here.
• Click on the ‘wrench’ icon on the browser (usually found top-right corner) to open the tools menu
• From the tools menu select ‘Options’
• Click the ‘Under the Hood’ tab from the menu on the left.
• In the ‘Privacy’ section, select the ‘Content settings’ button
• To enable cookies: select ‘Allow local data to be set’ option
• To disable cookies: select ‘Block all cookies’ option
Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Chrome. For more information click here.
Safari on OSX
• Click on 'Safari' at the menu bar and select the 'Preferences' option
• Click on 'Security'
• To enable cookies: In the 'Accept cookies' section select 'Only from site you navigate to'
• To disable cookies: In the ‘Accept cookies’ section select ‘Never’
Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Safari. For more information click here.
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0, 7.0, 8.0
• Click on 'Tools' at the top of your browser window and select 'Internet Options'
• In the options window navigate to the 'Privacy' tab
• To enable cookies: Set the slider to ‘Medium’ or below
• To disable cookies: Move the slider to the top to block all cookies
• Click on 'Setting’ at the browser menu and select 'Settings'
• Select ‘Quick Preferences’
• To enable cookies: check “Enable Cookies”
• To disable cookies: uncheck “Enable Cookies”
Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Opera. For more information click here
All other browsers
Please look for a “help” function in the browser or contact the browser provider.
Storage of information
Information that you provide or that is obtained by us through your dealings with the Site will be held in a database that is part of the website which is held on a secure server.
The personal information you provide when you register is not available to users of the website. The only information which you provide us that will be publicly available will be the information you provide us about your building.
We may use personal information as follows:-
- for statistical analysis for the purposes of reviewing, developing and improving the services that we offer on the understanding that it will be kept confidential by us;
- to administer any services provided to you now or in the future on the understanding that such information will be kept confidential,
- to compile statistical information to enable us to make reports to funders
We will not use your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
We will take all reasonable steps to keep information we hold about you secure, however, we cannot guarantee security on line.